Elizabeth and Kyle Burson met 21 years ago during a children's theatre production and with ESCAPE are realizing the fulfillment of a dream. They bring their love of musical theatre, energy, creative passion, and more than 30 years experience to this partnership. Elizabeth and Kyle's goal is to continue to teach children throughout the Santa Clarita Valley, providing quality educational children theatre for the entire family.
Elizabeth is a graduate of the University of California, Irvine, with her B.A. in Music. As a classically trained pianist, she has played with several orchestras before turning her talents to the stage. As Musical Director-Pianist-Conductor, her credits include over 100 shows throughout the Southland. Some of her favorite performance credits include Maria in "The Sound of Music", Peter in "Peter Pan", Rizzo in "Grease", and Grace in "Annie". She enjoys spending time with her husband, and four children, and is grateful to have the opportunity to bring her family, teaching skills, and her love for theatre together.
Kyle has been performing since the age of 7. Theatre has always been his outlet for creativity for far too many years to mention. He has performed such roles as Rooster in "Annie", Dentist in "Little Shop of Horrors",Will Parker in "Oklahoma", Michael in "Peter Pan", the Lion in "The Wizard of Oz", and many others. He is the Project Manager for an Entertainment Company and is happy to combine his knowledge both on stage and off to bring a more professional experience for the children.
-- "With a loving and supportive family, anything is possible."
E.S.C.A.P.E. Board of Directors
Call the office 661-299-5264
**Read below for updated news on
The Wizard of Oz, GREASE, and Summer Camp!
Here are important things to know about GREASE:
* Registration begins next Monday, April 14th anytime after 5:45.
* First Rehearsal is Tuesday, May 13
* There should be no long lines, everyone will get in.
* Cost is $160 for Registration.
* You must be finishing 5th grade now, to be involved.
* We will have 2 groups of kids.
(going into 6-8th grade, and...... going into 9th grade, on up)
* Ensemble rehearsal is Tuesday evenings:
(6:30- 8:00, and then 8:00-9:30)
* Leads will work on Thursday evenings.
* Shows will be July 25-27th, at Golden Valley High School.
* Production week begins on Monday, July 21
Join the Cast! Join the Fun! GREASE is the WORD.....tell all your friends to start discussing it with their parents!
Top 10 fings (things) I learned from ESCAPE's Production of 'Oliver':Continue
10. I have been closer to nostrils then I ever hope to be ever again
(thanks Charlie and Jack).
9. "Whose phone is vibrating?" said every mic mom in the building. Oh wait that's just
Evan or Jack or Charlie they know how to phone vibrate in harmony.
8. A few observations from the "Side Show": Bryan Johnson AKA Monopoly man, Sam is not
amused. Michael Shipley's robot dance. And Rose seller.....Go into the light!
Crab fights, instead of Jans choreography. "Hey stop putting your mouth on the mug...
It's empty, this is not real".
7. Black Box Moments/better know as "The Twilight Zone" - "What.. What" .... You want
some of this? "You do know you're in a play right?" Oh we got Trouble!
I am a afraid of the Green Room /better known as "The place I dare not go".
6. Who is that homeless man on the stage? Wait that's Kyle better known as Lucky
the leprechaun. Thank you for the nickel Ethan. You were the only person to give
the beggar any money. :)
5. If I ever hear the song "Never gonna give you up" again I may just give up and swim
with Nancy and Bill. Thank you D group boys.…